Skip to content
- We will only report what is fair and reasonable.
- We recognise that sometimes corporations make mistakes.
- Even the most progressive news organisations sometimes distort truth in their pursuit of a good headline. News outlets often report only one side of the story, or withhold facts that might weaken the story.
- We focus primarily on corporations and similar institutions, such as local authorities or universities where they behave badly.
- We avoid quoting ephemeral or unvalidated news outlets (especially given the existence of hostile or malicious actors producing ‘fake news’).
- We avoid articles that cannot be independently verified (for example unverifiable YouTube videos).
- We recognise that most companies are well behaved and ethical. We also recognise that even the bad actors can do good (for example when their technological innovation benefits humanity, even if profit is the company’s main intention).